One year ago I took the Indie plunge and self-published CLOCKWISE.
And what a ride it's been!
Here are the highlights:
1. I published a book and people bought and read it.
2. I joined a fab writers collective known as the Indelibles(link).
3. I published way more books than I thought I would in one year (thanks in part to a back list).
4. I started making money, enough that I started calling this my job without feeling fraud-ish.
5. I have actual fans. I know.
6. I have a brand.
7. I have experience. Meaning, I now have a list of what NOT to do.
8. I also have stuff I can teach now and did my first live audience workshop(link).
9. I made several top 100 bestseller lists on Amazon (whoot!)
10. I made the top 12 what's hot in children's fiction on itunes (whoot again!)
What is the biggest thing I leaned? Indie Publishing is not Traditional Publishing. You can't do things the same way and get the same results. I'm going to unpack that more on Tuesday's post.
If you have questions, leave them in the comments.
So for now, I leave you with Teaser #3!